Google Groups
Embracing The Unknown
Visit this group

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Difference(s)

Shortly before starting the new treatment, I was noticing that I would often be hungry. It was not normal, growing/starving college kid hunger. It happened every few hours despite what I had eaten throughout the day. It was also very prevalent about 30 minutes after a meal.

I watched for blood sugar trends during these times, but nothing seemed to be off kilter. I couldn't pin point it to stress, exhaustion, dehydration, or any other "normal" cause for hunger. I was getting my daily caloric intake, mostly in filling foods. I wasn't particularly gaining weight because of it. Most of the time, I wouldn't eat except for my 3 basic meals a day and a few snacks. This growling, distracting hunger would go unquenched.

Once I started the treatment, my hunger suddenly disappeared. I would feel full. I wouldn't be hungry directly after eating a good meal. I could eat and enjoy life without hearing that growling pit.

After two weeks on the progesterone, I had to go off. (It's given cyclical so you're on it for two weeks and then go off for two and so on and on.) These are the weeks that I am off the progesterone.

And guess who is back? My hunger! So I have finally noted a major difference that can be celebrated! I'm hoping that as time goes on and we continue to increase the progesterone, my hunger will fade completely during all four weeks of the month instead of just the two progesterone filled ones.

It is nice to note a difference, however still disappointing that my major issues (weight loss, acne, hair growth, irregular/painful periods, fatigue) have not been overcome.

4 comments:

Laura Williams said...

Have you been checked for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrom)? I have/had a lot of those symptoms: acne, hunger, exhaustion, hair growth, irregular periods and that was the caused.

The hunger is still there irregularly, but the rest has improved a lot since being diagnosed and being on metformin and birth control. Just a thought, in case this one has passed the doctors by.

Lindsey G said...

Hi Laura,

First...thanks for reading the blog!

And second, yes I was diagnosed with PCOS (which they are now calling anovulatory syndrome) about a month and a half ago. If you read blog 1, you can see all the doctors/diagnoses I've been through.

Thanks again for reading! Stay tuned!

Laura Williams said...

I saw your post over at Tudiabetes and dropped by. I didn't realize you'd had a proper diagnosis!

Hope things settle down for you

Lindsey G said...

Lol yea, that part has been diagnosed. There are other things that seem kind of left out there.

I'm really glad you stopped by! Feel free to subscribe or joing the google group as well!

Custom Search