Dieting.
That's right, a diet. I'm on the yeast free diet portion of the program through Hotze Health and Wellness Clinic.
I'm eating mostly fruit and vegetables, nuts, grilled chicken, turkey meat, brown rice, red or sweet potatoes. I'm not allowed to have anything with vinegar, dairy products of any kind, artificial sweeteners, sugar, yeast (obviously!) and a whole list of other things.
So far I've splurged a few times and had ice cream. Dairy, sugar and fat. OH MY!!! But I don't particularly care (okay, maybe a little). I want this diet to work, but at the same time I'm struggling with it.
My blood sugars are either low or somewhere between 150 and 180. I can't seem to get my insulin adjustments made where I don't end up in one extreme or the other. It's quite frustrating. If only I wasn't diabetic.....yes, that's another thought.
I don't feel any physical relief of symptoms (but I'm only on day five). I have noticed a little change in my weight, just that it isn't jumping five pounds in one day. I think the most I've gained in one day was two. And I'm drinking gallons and gallons of water!
Since this week, I started back in my work out routine (I'm aiming for working out 2 times a week and fast walking 3 times a week), I feel that I might just actually lose some weight. I mean I'm barely eating any calories and working out! How could I not?
I'm crossing my fingers this whole thing is worth it. Until July 1st I'll be strictly on this diet (minus my slips with the ice cream), so for a month of torture, I better see some dang results!!!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
You're WHAT?!?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Custom Search
1 comment:
LOL! Your post is cute! You sound like my mom! You can do just put your mind to it
Post a Comment